Components Banners Banners
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 00:36, 10 January 2013 by Tom Hutchison
- 1 How to Access
- 2 Description
- 3 Screenshot
- 4 Column Headers
- 5 List Filters
- 6 Toolbar
- 7 Options
- 8 Toolbar Links
- 9 Quick Tips
- 10 Related Information
Components Help Screens
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Banners
- Select the Banners menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Clients Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager pages in the top left sidebar.
Used to view a list of existing Banners, edit current and create new Banners. There must be at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before a Banner can be created.
In the table containing Banners, these are the different columns shown below. Click on the column heading on the banner manager screen to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering: Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.</translate>
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.</translate>
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Name. The name of the Banner. Editing Option - 'click' on the name to open the Banner for editing.
- Sticky. (Yes or No) Whether or not the Banner is "sticky". If one or more Banners in a Category are designated "sticky," they will take priority over Banners that are not sticky.
- For example, if two Banners in a Category are sticky and a third Banner is not sticky, the third Banner will not display if the Banner display module setting is "Sticky, Randomize" or "Sticky, Order." Only the two sticky Banners will display. If the sticky banners have a fixed number of impressions, once those impressions are used up, the sticky banners will no longer display, and the non-sticky banners will begin displaying automatically.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Impressions. The Impression count is the number of times the Banner has been displayed on a page. The first number in this column is the actual number of Impressions so far, and the second number is how many Impressions were purchased by the client.
- Clicks. The first number is the total number of clicks that have been made on the Banner since the counter was reset. The second number is what percentage of the time user clicked on the banner when it was displayed.
- Purchase Type: The purchase type of the banner. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner.</translate>
- Language. Item language.</translate>
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.</translate>
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items by typing part of the banner's name. File:Help30-Components-Banners-Banners-filter-name-subscreen.png
Filter by Published State, Client, Category, and Language
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there are four drop-down list boxes as shown below:
The selections may be combined. Only items matching all selections will display in the list. Chunk30:Listfiltering
- Select Client. Use the drop-down list box to select only banners configured for the selected client.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner.</translate>
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner. If more than one banner is selected (where applicable), only the first banner will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the banner.</translate>
- Publish. Makes the selected banners available to visitors to your website.</translate>
- Unpublish. Makes the selected banners unavailable to visitors to your website.</translate>
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected banners to indicate that they are archived. Archived banners can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banners to Published or Unpublished as preferred.</translate>
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected banners. Works with one or multiple banners selected.</translate>
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banners to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banners can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banners to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banners, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the banners to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.</translate>
- Batch. Batch processes the selected banners. Works with one or multiple items selected.</translate>
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Click the Options button to open the Banner Manager Options window which lets you configure this component.
Buttons Common to All Tabs
Client Options Tab
- Purchase Type. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner - monthly, yearly, etc...
- Track Impressions. Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is displayed.
- Track Clicks. Whether or not to count how many times a Banner is clicked.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching keywords (for matching Banners to Articles based on Keywords), only search for keywords with this prefix. This can improve performance.
Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns admin Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns manage Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns create Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns delete Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns edit Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns edit state
<translate> For more information, please refer to:</translate> <translate>
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following four links:
- Banners. This link is disabled, since you are already in the Banners page.
- Categories. Click this link to go to the Banner Category Manager page.
- Clients. Click this link to go to the Banner Client Manager page.
- Tracks. Click this link to go to the Banner Tracks Manager page.
- You must add at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before you can add a Banner.