Components Joomla Update
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:51, 23 November 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
How to Access
- Select Components → Joomla! Update from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
This screen allows Joomla! to be updated quickly without having to download any extra packages from the Joomla! website.
Update Screen when on the latest version.
The update screen when an update is available.
- Installed Joomla! Version. The version of Joomla! currently installed.
- Latest Joomla! Version. The latest version of Joomla! available
- Update package URL. The URL to the update package ZIP file.
- Installation method. (Write Files Directly/Write Files via FTP) Choose whether to write files directly or via the FTP (N.B. This requires the FTP section in Global Configuration to be filled in)
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Purge Cache. Empty the cache holding update notification. Useful after changing options of what standards/servers to use for Joomla! Update notifications.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- You can look at the Joomla! Update Quick Icons in the Backend Control Panel.