Difference between revisions of "Components Messaging Read"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (1 revision: Initial import of 3.0 help screens (derived from 2.5 help screens))
Revision as of 16:37, 15 September 2012
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Select Components → Messaging → Read Private Messages from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! 1.6.x installation. Next, click on a Subject hyperlink to open the "View Message" screen. Alternatively, you may select File:Help30-Components-Messaging-Read-mymessages-subscreen.png at the top of the Administrative pages to find a message to read.
This screen allows you to view and reply to a single private message only.
- From. The sender of the message.
- Posted. The date and time the message was sent.
- Subject. The subject of the message.
- Message. The body of the message.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Reply. Creates a new message as a reply to the current message.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- Only users who are members of the "Super Users" and "Administrator" groups have access to this screen, unless User Group permissions have been altered for this component via Options at the Private Messages - Inbox screen.