Components Newsfeeds Feeds Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:49, 5 January 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Navigate to the the News Feed Manager. To add a new News Feed, click the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing News Feed, click the News Feed's name, or check the news Feed's checkbox and press the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new News Feed or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one News Feed Category before you can create your first News Feed.
- Title. The Name of the News Feed. This field is required.
- Link. The link of this News Feed. This should normally begin with "http://".
- Category. The Category for this News Feed. Select from the drop-down list box of News Feed Categories. Note that News Feed Categories are separate from other Categories, such as those for Articles, Contacts, Banners, and Web Links.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- State. Select from the drop-down box: Published, Unpublished, Archived, or Trashed.
- Access. The access level needed to view the link.
- Order. The order of this News Feed in the list of News Feeds. The default order is to add the item to the end of the list. To select a different position, use the drop-down list box. This item will moved to the position just after the item selected from the drop-down list. Note that the order in which the News Feeds are displayed can also be changed in the News Feed Manager.
- Language. The language of the selected feed.
- ID. The Joomla! assigned ID of the item.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the news feed and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the news feed and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the news feed and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another news feed.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- A News Feed category must be added before any News Feed can be created.
- To add or edit News Feed Categories: News Feed Category Manager