Content Article Manager
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 13:30, 23 August 2012 by 219jondn
Used for creating new, editing, managing order, publishing, unpublishing and setting global options of articles shown on a Joomla website.
How to access
Click the Article Manager icon in the Control Panel Select Content → Article Manger from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
The Article Manager is used to add and edit articles. See Toolbar below for a detailed list of all functions.
Search & Sorting
Directly above the list of articles, you will find options to search the article list, as well as sort the list based on a variety of parameters.
Use the Search option to quickly search the Article list by article title, alias, or ID
Use the sorting options to adjust the order of the Article list to your preferences.
There are several options for sorting the articles.
- Ordering - sort articles by their article manager order. See Ordering Articles.
- Status - sort articles by their publication status.
- Title - sort articles in alphabetical order by their title
- Category - sort articles in alphabetical order by their category
- Access - sort articles by their User Access Level
- Language - sort articles by their language.
- Date - sort articles in chronological order by date
- ID - sort articles in numerical order by article ID
With a sorting parameter chosen, you can also determine if articles will be shown in ascending or descending order.
You can also determine how many articles are shown, with optional increments of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100, or All. The default number is 20.