Difference between revisions of "Extensions Template Manager Templates Edit"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (→Related Information: updating Help screens relevant versions)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to edit template
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to edit template files.
==How to Access==
==How to Access==
Revision as of 16:39, 13 October 2013
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to edit all the template files.
How to Access
Navigate to the Template Manager: Templates screen. To edit a template, click on the templates's name.
This is where you edit a template's source code. You can edit the template's master files and stylesheets from this screen.
Details and Options
Template Master Files
- Edit main page template. The primary file used for the template's layout.
- Edit error page template. The template layout for the site's error pages.
- Edit print view template. The template layout for the site's print view function.
This section contains all of the template's editable stylesheets. Click on a stylesheet's name to edit its source code.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- Before editing the HTML and the CSS file of the template, it is a good idea to make a backup of the file you are editing. Also, you can edit these files outside of Joomla! using the HTML or CSS editor of your choice.
- To install templates: Extension Manager: Install