Menus Menu Item Contact Featured
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:54, 23 October 2012 by Piggydoughnut
Menu Item Contacts: Featured Contacts
How To Access
To create a new Category List Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item or click on an existing item to edit.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Featured Contacts link under Contacts.
To edit an existing Category List Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a list of featured contacts.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types, including Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
See Contact Category: Column headers for help on field List Layouts.
Contact Display Options
Lets you control which contact's information to display, which information is going to be shown to your user.
See Mail Options for help.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- In order to make your contact featured do the following. Create a contact or edit the existing one. Change drop-box Featured to Yes on Contact Details tab. Save