Difference between revisions of "Menus Menu Item External URL"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (→Toolbar: toolbar location)
m (Hutchy68 moved page Help30:Menus Menu Item External Url to Help30:Menus Menu Item External URL without leaving a redirect: key matching, no redirect needed)
Revision as of 12:10, 22 March 2013
How To Access
To create a new External URL Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the External URL Menu Item link under System Links.
To edit an existing External URL Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a link to a website separate from your current Joomla! installation in a menu.
These are the required settings:
- Link. The full URL of the web page address using which includes the http:// prefix.
- Examples: http://www.thedomainname.com or http://www.thedomainname.com/morehelp.html
- Menu Title. The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Location. The menu that this menu item (choice) will be part of. The menus defined for the site will show in the list box.
How the target of the link is controlled:
- Target Window. This determines how the new page will be opened. Options are:
- Parent: Open new menu item in parent window. This is the default.
- New Window With Navigation: Open menu item in a new window with full browser navigation (for example, "back" button).
- New Without Navigation: Open menu item in a new window without browser navigation.
Module Assignments Tab
Make sure you include the full URL path.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>