Menus Menu Item Search Results
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:12, 27 December 2012 by Tom Hutchison
How To Access
To create a new Search Results Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Search Results Menu Item link under Search.
To edit an existing Search Results Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a 'Search Form' page for users to search site's content. Additional, used to control output look of search results or 'can' the results of a search with a menu link for preset search term or terms.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.</translate>
- Menu Location: The menu that this menu item (choice) will be part of. The menus defined for the site will show in the list box.</translate>
- Use Search Areas. (Global/Show/Hide) Check boxes for search area types: Articles, Categories, Contacts, Newsfeeds, or Weblinks.
- Created Date. Date the item(Article, Category, Weblink, etc.) was created.
- Search for. (All Words/Any Words/Exact Phrase) Set the type of search. Search for All Words, Any Words or Exact Phrase.
- Results ordering. Set the search results ordering.
- Newest. Show newest item first.
- Oldest. Show oldest item first.
- Popularity. Show by popularity of item, number of page hits.
- Alphabetical. Show in alphabetical order.
- Category. Show in category order.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Front End Screenshot
Search form shown:
Search results shown:
- Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Finder Manage Search Filters||
This screen shows the static search filters currently available for use in Smart Search.
|Components Finder Manage Search Filters Edit||
This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.
The Search Statistics screen allows you to see how many searches were done for each keyword combination and how many results were returned for each search.
|Components Search Manager Options|
|Extensions Module Manager Search||
This Module displays a Search entry field where the user can type in a phrase and press 'Enter' to search the web site.
|Extensions Module Manager Smart Search||
Smart Search is an enhanced site search.
|Menus Menu Item Finder Search||
Used to create a page for Smart Search Results, which can be used in conjunction with a Smart Search module to control Search Results Page's layout. Ability to 'can' Smart Search results to specific filters to control a search.