Menus Menu Item Text Separator
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:29, 26 December 2012 by Tom Hutchison
How To Access
To create a new Text Separator Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Text Separator Menu Item link under System Links.
To edit an existing Text Separator Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to provide a way to separate links with images or text in a menu. Some uses might be to give a title to a group of links or allow a short description before each link or groups of links. See the Front End Example screenshot below.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Front End Screenshot
<translate> Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website.</translate>
- It is possible to use an image as a Text Separator. Since a Menu Title is required, to use only image as a separator, the Menu Title can be a "space".