Menus Menu Item Wrapper
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:32, 4 April 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
How To Access
To create a new IFrame Wrapper Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Iframe Wrapper Menu Item link under Wrapper.
To edit an existing IFrame Wrapper Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a page with embedded content using an IFrame with control of iframe size, width and height.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- URL. Field to enter a URL (web page address). Generally, it is a good idea to always add http:// or https:// when providing a URL. There is a Auto add function to prefix a URL with http:// unless it detects the prefix in the URL. NOTE - Use the relative path to a web page address on Joomla installation. If your Joomla! website is
http://www.example.com, then use
http://www.example.comand make sure the 'Auto add' function is disabled.
- Menu Title. The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Location. The menu that this menu item (choice) will be part of. The menus defined for the site will show in the list box.
Scroll Bar Parameters
- Scroll Bars. (No/Yes/Auto) Whether or not to include horizontal and vertical scroll bars, no or yes. Auto will add the scroll bars automatically when needed because of embedded page size.
- Width. Width of the IFrame Window. Enter in a number of pixels or enter in a percentage (%). For example, "550" means 550 pixels. "75%" means 75% of the page width.
- Height. Height of the IFrame Window. Enter in a number of pixels or enter in a percentage (%). For example, "550" means 550 pixels. "75%" means 75% of the page height.
- Auto height. Automatically set height to height of external page. Note - this will only work if the external page is on the same domain. For example,
http://www.example.comthe external html must be in the
example.comroot file structure. Sub domains will not work, as a sub domain is considered a separate domain.
- Auto add. Automatically prefix web address with http://. This feature will automatically detect and not prefix a URL with http:// or https:// already used in the URL.
- Frame border. Add a border around the IFrame window.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>