Allows an administrator to create a new user or edit an existing user.
In this screen, you have the ability to create a new user (if you clicked on the 'New' button in the User Manager), or edit an existing user (if you selected a user and clicked on the 'Edit' button in the User Manager, or clicked on the name of a user).
How to access
To edit an existing user, navigate to the User Manager (Users → User Manager). Then
- click on the name of the user or
- click on the check box for the user and click on the Edit button.
To create a new user,
- select Users → User Manager → Add New User from the menu or
- click on the New button in the User Manager.
- Name: Enter the name of the user
- Login Name: Enter the login name (User name) for the user.
- Password: Enter the password for the user
- Confirm Password: Confirm the user's password
- Email: Enter an email for the user
- Registration Date:
- Last Visit Date:
- Last Reset Date: Date and time of last password reset
- Password Reset Count: Number of password resets since last reset date
- Receive System emails: (Yes/No). If set to yes, the user will receive system emails.
- Block this User: (Yes/No). Block this user
- ID: Record number in the database
Assigned User Groups
- Backend Template Style: (Use Default/Hathor - Default/isis - Default). Select the template style for the Administrator Backend interface. This will only affect this User.
- Backend Language: (Use Default/English (United Kingdom)). Select the Language for the Administrator Backend interface. This will only affect this User.
- Frontend Language: (Use Default/English (United Kingdom)). Select the Language for the frontend interface. This will only affect this User.
- Editor: (Use Default/Editor - CodeMirror/Editor - None/Editor - TinyMCE). User Editor
- Help Site: (Use Default/English (GB) - Joomla help wiki/Français (FR) - Aide de Joomla!). Help site for this user
- Time Zone: (Use Default/Abidjan/Accra/Addis Ababa/Algiers/Asmara/...). Time zone for this user
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the user and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the user and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the user and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another user.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Name, Login Name, and Email are required.
- If you did not fill in a particular language, editor, help site and/or time zone, the default settings from the Global Configuration, Language Manager and/or Template Manager are set.