Components Banners Categories
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:19, 22 June 2013 by Wilsonge
Components Help Screens
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Categories
- Select the Categories menu link from the Banner Manager, Banner Clients Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager in the top left sidebar.
Used to view a list of existing Banner Categories, edit current and create new Banner Categories. Note that Banner Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Contacts, News Feeds, and Web Links. There must be at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before a Banner can be created.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Title. The name of the Category. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Ordering. The order to display items. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking the 'Save Order' icon in the column header.
- Access. The minimum access level that has the ability to view this category's banners.
- Language. The language of the banner.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You cannot change this number.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
Filter by Partial Title
<translate> Search Title In the upper left is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.</translate>
[[Image:Help30-colheader-banner-title-filter-field-<translate> en</translate>.png]] <translate>
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search.</translate>
- Click X to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.</translate>
Filter by Max Levels, State, Access or Language
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering: (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.</translate>
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new banner category.</translate>
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected banner category. If more than one banner category is selected (where applicable), only the first banner category will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the banner category.</translate>
- Publish. Makes the selected banner categories available to visitors to your website.</translate>
- Unpublish: Makes the selected banner categories unavailable to visitors to your website.</translate>
- Archive: Changes the status of the selected banner categories to indicate that they are archived. Archived banner categories can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred.</translate>
- Check In. Checks-in the selected banner categories. Works with one or multiple banner categories selected.</translate>
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected banner categories to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed banner categories can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the banner categories to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed banner categories, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the banner categories to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.</translate> Note: Only empty banner categories can be trashed.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected banner category. Works with one or multiple items selected.</translate>
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the banner category table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Options: Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Below the list of categories is the batch processing section:
- Set Access Level. Use this drop-down list to select an access level.
- Select Category for Move/Copy. Use this drop-down list to select a category to move or copy the selected categories to. Use the radio button to select either a move or copy operation.
- Process. Press this button to execute your batch processing settings for the selected categories.
- Clear. Reset your batch processing settings selections.
- You must add at least one Banner Client and Banner Category before you can add a Banner.