Components Banners Clients Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:09, 4 April 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
Components Help Screens
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner clients.
How to Access
Navigate to the the Banner Client Manager. To add a new Banner Client, click on the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Banner Client, click on the Client's Name or check the Client's checkbox and press the Edit icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new Banner Client or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Client before you can create a Banner.
Details and Options
- Client Name. The name of the client. This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Client Manager.
- Contact Name. The name of the banner client.
- Contact E-mail. The e-mail address of the banner client.
- Status: Published status of the item. Possible values are:
- Published: The item is published. This is the only state that will allow regular website users to view this item.
- Unpublished: The item is unpublished.
- Archived: The item has been archived.
- Trashed: The item has been sent to the Trash.
- Purchase Type. The purchase type of the banner. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner - monthly, yearly, etc...
- Track Impressions. Whether or not to track the number of times the banner is displayed to web site visitors.
- Track Clicks. Whether or not to track the number of times the banner is clicked by web site visitors.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Use Own Prefix. Whether or not to use the banner's prefix or that of the client. Select No if you want to use the prefix of the banner client.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching meta keywords, only search for meta keywords with these optional prefixes. This improves performance.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the banner client and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the banner client and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the banner client and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another banner client.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>