Components Menus Configuration
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:58, 30 April 2014 by JoomlaWikiBot
Provides an method to apply global parameters to all menus.
How to Access
On Menu Manager: Menus, click Options button at top.
Menu Options allow the setting of parameters used globally on all menus such as, Title, CSS Class and Permissions.
Page Display Options
This layout has the following Page Display Options.
- Browser Page Title. Optional text for the "Browser page title" element. If blank, the Menu Item Title is used.
- Show Page Heading. Whether or not to show the Browser Page Title in the heading of the page. The page heading is normally displayed inside an h1 HTML element.
- Page Heading. Optional alternative text for the Page Heading.
- Page Class. Optional CSS class to add to elements in this page. This allows CSS styling specific to this page.
This section shows permissions configuration for Menus. The screen shows as follows.
To change the permissions, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on right.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure. Users can edit menu options.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access menu administration interface.
- Create. Users can create menus.
- Delete. Users can delete menus.
- Edit. Users can edit menus.
- Edit State. User can change the published state and related information for menus.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited. Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration, Article Manager Options, or Category permissions.
- Allowed. Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied. Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the configurations and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the configurations and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
- Remember, these choices are applied globally.