Extensions Module Manager Articles Categories
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:37, 2 July 2013 by Wilsonge
How to Access
To 'add' a new Articles Categories module or 'edit' an existing Articles Categories module, navigate to the Module Manager:
- Select Extensions → Module Manager
Click the 'New' button and click on Articles Categories in the modal popup window.
To 'Edit' an existing Articles Categories module, in the Module Manager click on an Articles Categories Modules Title or click the Articles Categories modules check box and then click the Edit button in the Toolbar.
This module displays a list of articles from one or more categories.
- Count. The number of Sections to display. The default value is 5.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- Caching. Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of "Use Global" will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time. The length of time, in minutes, before the Module is re-cached.
On this tab there is a list of menu items. You can choose between On All Pages, No Pages, Only on the pages selected and On all pages except those selected from the List.
If the latter two options are selected a list will show with all the menu items on as shown in the screenshot above. This allows you to assign modules to some but not all pages, and by selecting the menu links that you want the module associated with you can customize on what pages modules appear/don't appear. See How do you assign a module to specific pages? for more information
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the module and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the module and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Front End Screenshot
- Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website.
Articles Categories module shown:
The Module Type name for this Module is "mod_articles_categories". It is related to the content component.