Difference between revisions of "Menus Menu Item Article Create"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (→Quick Tips: update to section, added section before)
m (→Screenshot: update to section)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
Revision as of 10:17, 15 December 2012
How To Access
To create a new Create Article Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Create Article Menu Item link under Articles link.
To edit an existing Create Article Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Allows users to submit an article. Normally this is available only to users who have logged in to the front end of the site.
See Menu Item Manager: New Menu Item for help on options common to all Menu Item types. These options include Details, Link Type Options, Page Display Options, Metadata Options, and Module Assignments for this Menu Item.
- Default Category. If Yes, all articles created will be assigned to the specified category and the user will not be able to select a category. If No, the user may select the category from the list box. Note that only categories for which the user has Create permission will show in the list box.
- Choose a category. Select one Category from the list box.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.</translate>
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.</translate>
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help. Opens this help screen.</translate>
Front End Screenshots
- An unauthorised user will normally get an error if they click on a Create Article menu item. For this reason, it is normal practice to give the menu item a viewing access level that can only be seen by users authorised to add articles.