From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:25, 14 November 2020 by Abulafia (Created page with "==Descripción==")
The Contacts list shows selected information for contacts and provides links to edit or add information such as name, address, phone and e-mail. You can also link contacts to registered users. Afterwards, you can use the Menu Manager to create front-end links to the the contacts.
How to access
- Select Components → Contacts → Contacts from the Administrator menu. Or...
- Select the numbered button in the Category Manager: Contacts screen.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Ordering: (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Featured. Whether or not the item will be displayed in featured view.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Linked User. The username this contact is linked to (if applicable).
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays "0" until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the dropdown list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
- Select Featured. Select from Unfeatured Articles / Featured Articles.
- Select Status. Select from Trashed / Unpublished / Published / Archived / All.
- Select Category. Select from the list of available categories.
- Select Access. Select from the list of available viewing access levels.
- Select Language. Select from the list of available languages.
- Select Tag. Select from the list of available tags.
- Select Max Levels. Select from the list of available levels.
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new contact.
- Actions: Reveals a list of actions for selected Items. Check one or more Item checkboxes to activate the list.
- Publish. Makes the selected contact available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected contact unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Feature. Marks selected contact as featured. Works with one or multiple contact selected.
- Unfeature. Changes the status of featured articles to unfeatured. Works with one or multiple articles selected.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected contact to indicate that they are archived. Archived contact can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the contact to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected contact. Works with one or multiple contact selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected contact. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected contact to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed contact can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the contact to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed contact, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the contact to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- You need to add at least one Category for your Contacts before you can add your first Contact. Categories are added using the Category Manager: Contacts screen.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Contacts: Categories||The Contact Category Manager is where you can edit existing Contact Categories and create new ones. Note that Contact Categories are separate from other Categories, such as for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Web Links. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Contact Manager: Contacts screen.|
|Contacts: New or Edit Category||This is where you can add a Contact Category or edit an existing Contact Category. Contact Categories allow you to organize contacts in your web site. Contact Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and so on.|
|Contacts: New or Edit||This is where you can add a Contact or edit an existing Contact. Contacts allow you to list people on your web site. They also allow users to send e-mails to those people.|