Difference between revisions of "Menus Menu Manager Options"
From Joomla! Documentation
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 03:07, 24 December 2021
This page is a candidate for deletion. The given reason is: No links here.
Last edit by Franz.wohlkoenig (talk · contrib) · Last edited on Fri, 24 Dec 2021 03:07:04 +0000
How to access
Go to the Menu Manager by clicking on the Menu Manager icon in the Control Panel, or by clicking on 'Menu Manager' in the 'Menus' menu. After that, click on the 'New' button in the toolbar, or select a menu and click on the 'Options' button.
You can set options of your menus in this screen.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article, Section, or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
Show Page Heading: Show the page heading. Page Heading: Optional alternative text for the Page heading. Page Class: Optional css class to add elements in this page. This allows css styling specific to this page.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Hover your mouse over the '*' next to the input box, and extra information will be shown.
- If you forgot to create a module for this menu, you can do so by using the Module Manager, found by going to Extensions -> Module Manager. Click on 'New', and then on 'Menu'. Fill in a title and select the Menu in the Module Parameters.
- It is a good idea to give a descriptive title for new menus. This is how the menu will be identified in the Backend Menus menu. It is also a good idea to fill in the Description field with information about the menu. This is how the menu's module will be referred to in the Module Manager.
- When you create a new menu, use only alphanumeric characters without spaces in the Unique Name field. It is a good idea to use only a-z, 0-9 and underscore (_) characters. Please read the tooltips as well.