Permissions for User
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:36, 31 March 2023 by Heelc29 (Category Help screen)
The User Permissions report shows a map of the exact permissions for any given user across all extensions on your Joomla installation.
How to access
- Select Users → Manage from the Administrator menu. Then...
- Select the icon in the Permissions column for a specific user.
In the table containing the users from your Joomla! site, you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in that column.
- Asset Title. The asset as we know it.
- Asset Name. The asset as known internally.
- Site Login. Allows users in the group to login to the Frontend site.
- Administrator Login. Allows users in the group to login to the Backend Administrator site.
- Offline Access. Allows users in the group to access the Frontend site when site is offline.
- Super User. Allows users in the group to perform any action over the whole site regardless of any other perrmission settings.
- Configure Options Only. Allows users in the group to edit the options (except permissions) of any extension.
- Access Administration Interface. Allows users in the group to access all of the administration interface except Global Configuration.
- Create. Allows users in the group to create any content in any extension.
- Delete. Allows users in the group to delete any content in any extension.
- Edit. Allows users in the group to edit any content in any extension.
- Edit State. Allows users in the group to edit the state of any content in any extension.
- Edit Own. Allows users in the group to edit any content they own in any extension.
- Edit Custom Field Value. Allows users in the group to edit any value of custom fields submitted in any extension.
- LFT. The left and right values in the hierarchy. See Using nested sets in English.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays "0" until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Near the top of the page you will see the filter bar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Search. Enter part of the asset name and press the Search icon to find matching assets. Press Clear to clear the search field and restore the list of assets.
- Component. Filter by any installed component in Joomla.
- Start Level. Start level of the item.
- End Level. End level of the item.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
At the bottom you will see the legend:
- Not Allowed. Action not allowed.
- Allowed. Action allowed.
- Forbidden. Action forbidden.