Privacy: Information Requests
From Joomla! Documentation
This screen lists Privacy Information Requests received, selectable for viewing. It can be used also to create new requests.
- Privacy Outline - Content and Workflow
- The Privacy Tool Suite (Detailed Tutorial from Joomla 3)
- Information Request Workflow (Detailed Tutorial from Joomla 3)
How to access
- Select Users → Privacy → Requests in the Administrator menu.
In the table containing the Privacy Information Requests from your Joomla! site, you will see different columns.
- For Export Requests: send automatically by email the export data or download them
- For Removal Requests: click on the cross to remove the user. Their data will be anonymised
- Invalid. The information request has been invalidated by a Super User
- Pending. The user hasn't yet confirmed their information request
- Confirmed. The user has confirmed their information request
- Completed. The information request has been completed by a Super User
- Email. Email of the user who sent the information request
- Request Type. 2 types of information requests: asking for a Data Export or to be removed
- Requested. When the information request has been sent
- ID. This is a unique identification number for the information request assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number.
Near the top of the page you will see the filter bar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
- Select Status. Select the desired status (Invalid, Pending, Confirmed or Completed) to limit the list based on the status of the requests
- Select Request Type. Select the desired request type (Remove or Export) to limit the list based on the request type
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new item.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Click on the Email address to view the information request