Smart Search: New or Edit Filter
From Joomla! Documentation
This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.
How to access
- Select Components → Smart Search → Filters from the Administrator menu. Then...
- Select the New Toolbar button to create a new filter.
- Select a title link in the Title column to edit an existing filter.
- Title. The Title for this item. This may or may not display on the page, depending on the parameter values you choose.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla will fill in a default value Title in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. Learn more.
Edit Filter Tab
- Map Count. The number of maps included in the filter.
- Toggle Selection. The Toggle Selection button will change all the selections in the opposite way. So selected will change into unselected and unselected will change into selected.
- Expand all. The Expand all button will open all the maps and show the items inside.
- Created Date. Date the item(Article, Category, Weblink, etc.) was created.
- Created By. Name of the Joomla! User who created this item. This will default to the currently logged-in user. If you want to change this to a different user, click the Select User button to select a different user.
- Alias. This optional field allows you to enter an alias for the Author of the filter.
- Modified Date: (Informative only) Date of last modification.
- Modified By: (Informative only) Username who performed the last modification.
Filter Timeline panel
- When (Start Date). When to search relative to the start date (before, after or exactly).
- Start Date. Format YYYY-MM-DD.
- When (End Date). When to search relative to the end date (before, after or exactly).
- End Date. Format YYYY-MM-DD.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made. Or
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new item.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Smart Search was introduced in Joomla 3.0 but is not enabled by default in that version.
- If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.