From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 13:24, 27 July 2022 by M-b-o
Used to view a list of existing Tags, edit current and create new Tags.
How to Access
Select Components → Tags from the Administrator menu.
In the table containing Tags, these are the different columns shown below. Click on the column heading on the Tags manager screen to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Ordering. You can change the order of an item within a list as follows:
- If the list Filter Options include a Position filter select the desired Position. This will limit the list to items that are assigned to that Position.
- Select the Ordering icon in the Table heading to make it the active ordering item. The ordering icons in each row will change from light grey to dark grey and the pointer will change to a drag arrow on hover.
- Select one of the Ordering icons and drag it up or down to change the position of that row in the list. The items will display in the new order within the Position.
- Status. The published status of the item.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- Tagged Items. The number of items with this tag. Click the number to go to a list of items.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays "0" until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
- Select Status. Select from Trashed / Unpublished / Published / Archived / All.
- Select Access. Select from the list of available viewing access levels.
- Select Language. Select from the list of available languages.
- Select Max Levels. Select from the list of available levels.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new tag.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected tag. If more than one tag is selected (where applicable), only the first tag will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the tag.
- Publish. Makes the selected tag available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected tag unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected tag to indicate that they are archived. Archived tag can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting 'Archived' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the tag.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected tag. Works with one or multiple tag selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected tag. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected tag to indicate that they are trashed.Trashed tag can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the articles to Published or Unpublished as preferred.To permanently delete trashed tag, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the tag to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.