From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 02:43, 25 September 2020 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
This is where you edit a template's source code. You can edit the template's master files and stylesheets from this screen.
How to Access
- Select System → Templates Panel → Site Templates from the Administrator menu. Or...
- Select System → Templates Panel → Administrator Templates from the Administrator menu. Then...
- Select a template name from the Templates column.
- Select a file to edit. The edit area shows syntax highlighted text for most types of file.
Create Overrides Tab
- Select an item to override. This is done immediately with no prompt for confirmation. The override is placed in the appropriate location. There is a confirmation message, example: Override created in /templates/cassiopeia/html/mod_whosonline
Updated Files Tab
If there have been no updates to the template since overrides were created this tab will contain a simple message:
- Notice. Overridden files are up to date. Nothing has been changed in the last extension or Joomla update.
If there have been updates, a table will show a list of overrides that need to be reviewed.
Template Description Tab
- Thumbnail and Description. Information on this template.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Copy Template. ...?
- Manage Folders. Create a new folder within the template hierarchy. A popup window appears:
- New File. Click to upload a file from your computer to your Joomla template hierarchy. A popup window appears:
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Before editing the HTML and the CSS file of the template, it is a good idea to make a backup of the file you are editing. Also, you can edit these files outside of Joomla! using the HTML or CSS editor of your choice.
- To install templates: Extension Manager: Install