From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:39, 29 November 2020 by MartijnM (Marked this version for translation)
The Templates: Templates screen allows you to preview and edit templates which are installed in your Joomla! site.
How to access
- Select System → Templates Panel → Site Templates from the Administrator menu. Or...
- Select System → Templates Panel → Administrator Templates from the Administrator menu.
The Administrator and Site Templates screens use the same layout. The Site Template screen is illustrated here.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Image. A thumbnail of the template appearance.
- Template. The name of the template. Select the linked name to edit a templates files.
- Version. The version number of the item.
- Date. The date the item was created by the developer.
- Author. The developer of the template.
- Override Files. If the original template has not been updated since any overrides were created this column will display a green Up to date message. If the original template has been updated it will display a yellow Change found message.
- Site or Administrator. Whether the template is a for Site or Administrator use.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the dropdown list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- To edit templates styles: Template Manager: Styles