Difference between revisions of "Contents"
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 17:26, 19 October 2011
This page and the contents of the Help namespace cover the Wiki software used on this server: Mediawiki. If you are new to Wikis and MediaWiki in particular then you should consult the official Mediawiki Handbook for information on using this wiki. Users of other wikis (e.g. DokuWiki/JD-Wiki) should make themself familiar with the slightly different text formatting and wikitext syntax.
- List of local wiki templates that can be used in your wiki pages. Wiki Templates reduce repetition, typing, and are the basis of Modular Documentation.
- List of local wiki extensions that have been installed on this wiki. Extensions provide additionally functionality to the wiki such as syntax highlighting, image maps, and link search.
- List of local interwiki links that are available on this wiki. These provide useful shortcuts to creating URLs to other websites including the Joomla! forum, help screens and issue tracker; as well as links to the PHP documentation or Wikipedia.
- Extended [Image:] syntax
- <gallery> tag
- HTML in wikitext (if you have to)
- References and footnotes using <ref> and <references />
- Categories in MediaWiki
- Special pages provide useful information; explore them here
- Talk pages: Every article and each user has an associated page where messages can be left. These are separate namespaces, "Talk:" and "User talk:". Anonymous users have been disabled on this wiki.
- Message notification: user gets a "You have new messages" notice if someone else has edited their user discussion page
- Automatic signature: Just type three tildes (~) when you edit, and on saving the page, it will be replaced with your user name and a link to your user page. If you use four tildes, the current date will be added as well. Mainly intended for Talk pages.
- Support for emailing users through the wiki (email address not shown to the user)