Helpsite form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 11:50, 20 May 2011 by Mvangeest
|In Joomla! 1.5, form fields were parameters. For that version, you may want to use the corresponding Helpsites parameter type.|
The helpsite form field type provides a drop down list of the help sites in your Joomla installation. If the field has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected. With the exception of the “Local” entry, which is always added, the list of help sites is generated from the file:
The 'local' string is translatable. The 'local' URL returned is an empty string.
- type (mandatory) must be helpsite.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default help site URL (not the visible help site name).
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
Example XML parameter definition:
<field name="myhelpsite" type="helpsite" default="" label="Select a help site" description="" />