- You cannot assign the default style to individual pages.
- Understanding how assignments work
- The templating system uses the ItemID to determine which template/style to show. ItemIDs are created when you create a menu link. This is why only menu items are shown in the list of pages to which you can assign templates/styles.
- Assigning templates/styles according to other criteria
- 3rd party extensions allow you assign templates according to other critera. See the Templating section of the Joomla Extensions Directory.