How do you use Recaptcha in Joomla?
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:20, 5 June 2012 by Rand486
Using Recaptcha is a great way of preventing bots from making fake accounts and content on your site.
There are five steps to setting up Recaptcha:
- Log in to your administrator back-end (How do I do this?)
- Go to Global Configuration, and select the "Site" tab.
- Choose "Recaptcha" in your "Default Captcha" field.
- Click Save & Close.
- Go to your Plug-In Manager. You can find this under Extension Manager along the top menu or in the buttons on the main page of your Administrator panel.
- Edit the Plug-In "Captcha - ReCaptcha"
- Set Status to "Published"
- Copy and paste the Public and Private keys in their appropriate fields on the right.
- Get the Public and Private keys by signing in with your Google account (create an account if you don't have one) here: Create a reCAPTCHA key
- Register your website domain, and Google will provide you with your ReCaptcha keys.
- Click Save & Close
That's it! You're done!