How to Organize a JoomlaDay™
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 04:21, 18 October 2011 by Tkahl
Creating a Joomla!Day requires a combination of good leadership, teamwork, and lots of energy. A successful Joomla!Day isn't measured solely on the number of attendees, but rather the value of the information shared and the new connections made within the local community. This is a simple guide that Joomla!Day organizers can use in creating their own Joomla!Days. Even better, this page should be used by past Joomla!Day organizers to share their knowledge. The more information the better!
- 1 Choosing a City
- 2 Choosing a Venue
- 3 Choosing a Date and Time
- 4 Choosing the Schedule Structure
- 5 Choosing Speakers
- 6 Finding Fiscal Support and Sponsors
- 7 Running an Efficient Give-Away
- 8 Building the Right Website
- 9 Legal, Organizational, and Fiscal Considerations
Choosing a City
The city where the event shall be should be easy to reach for the targeted audience. Public transportation should be available to the city and to the venue. There should also be enough hotels (check prices!).
Larger cities offer better infrastructure, but mostly the venues are more expensive. Don't forget to check smaller cities with good infrastructure.
- possibly in the centre of your country / region
- public transportation (airport, train, bus)
- Hotels / Hostels
- available locations for social events
- price range of available venues
The final decision for the city should be made together with the venue.
Choosing a Venue
Choosing a Date and Time
Choosing the Schedule Structure
Lecture, breakout rooms, and unconference modes.