How to turn off magic quotes gpc for Joomla 3
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 04:49, 21 October 2013 by Sovainfo
- Go to MAMP application >> Preferences (button) >> PHP (tab) >> Choose 5.3.1 or greater >> choose OK.
- Go to the MAMP folder >> bin >> php >> php5.3.6 >> conf >> edit php.ini >> add "magic_quotes_gpc = Off" a few lines above "magic_quotes_sybase = Off".
- Restart MAMP's servers.
For most mainstream hosting companies running a CGI-Webinterface
- Create a php.ini or php5.ini file with the following:
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
- Put it in your Joomla 3 root. Then change the htaccess.txt in your Joomla 3 root to .htaccess. Add the following lines to the .htaccess file (at the top), don't forget to change php.ini to php5.ini when applicable :
<IfModule mod_suphp.c> suPHP_ConfigPath /home/myusername/public_html/yourJ3folder <Files php.ini> order allow,deny deny from all </Files> </IfModule>
Change "myusername" and "yourJ3folder" to your respective folders. The "/home/myusername/public_html/yourJ3folder" can be found via the Global Configuration:
In Joomla backend > System > System Information > [Directory Permissions], the folder is usually the same as the log directory (but without /logs at the end).
.htaccess for some hosts
For some hosts, add "php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off" to the .htaccess file
- create a
php.inifile at your Joomla! root.
- Add this content to the file and save
magic_quotes_gpc = Off magic_quotes_runtime = Off magic_quotes_sybase = Off extension=pdo.so extension=pdo_mysql.so
- Edit your
.htacesfile and add this line at the top and save the file
SetEnv PHPRC /home/youruser/public_html/php.ini
- Test if the error message goes away