Inserting a link to another website into an Article
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:39, 14 August 2009 by Gingeriffic
A link to another website (hyperlink) may be inserted in an Article as follows:
- Open the Article for editing either by:
- Click the Content > Article Manager menu item to go to the Article Manager, select the Article and click the Edit toolbar button.
- Click the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- If logged in to the Front-end, you have appropriate permissions and are viewing the Article you wish to edit: Click the Edit toolbar button.
- Locate and highlight the text or image you want to use as the link.
- Click the Insert/edit link editor toolbar button. The Insert/edit link screen opens.
- There are 4 tabs in the Insert/edit link screen. The main parameters that should be are set are in the General tab.
- Link URL: The full URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the target website, for example http://www.joomla.org.
- Target: Defines how the link will open. This is used as the target attribute in HTML.
- Title: A name for the link. This is used as the title attribute in HTML and is necessary to ensure accessibility.
- Class: Choose a style class for the link if required. This is used as the class attribute in HTML.
- Click the Insert button to create the link. The Insert/edit link screen will close and the link will be displayed in the article text.
- Unless there are specific CSS styles in place the default style is underlined blue text.
- Clicking the Cancel button closes the screen without inserting a link.