Inserting a link to another website into an Article
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:39, 22 June 2008 by Jonflgiles
This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
A link to another website (or hyperlink) may be inserted in an Article as follows:
- Open the Article for editing either by:
- Click the Content > New Article menu item to go to the Article Manager, select the Article and click the Edit toolbar button.
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- If logged in to the Front-end, you have appropriate permissions and are viewing the Article you wish to edit: Click the Edit toolbar button.
- Locate and highlight the text or image you want to use as the link.
- Click the Insert/edit link editor toolbar button. The Insert/edit link screen opens.
- There are 4 tabs in the Insert/edit link screen. The main parameters that should be are set are in the General tab.
- Link URL: The full URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the target website, for example http://www.joomla.org.
- Target: Defines how the link will open. This is used as the target attribute in HTML.
- Title: A name for the link. This is used as the title attribute in HTML.
- Class: Choose a style class for the link if required. This is used as the class attribute in HTML
- Click the Insert button to create the link. The Insert/edit link screen will close and the link will be displayed in the article text.
- Unless there are specific CSS styles in place the default style is underlined blue text.
- Clicking the Cancel button closes the screen without inserting a link.