Inserting a list into an Article
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 17:00, 21 June 2008 by Jonflgiles
This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Ordered and un-ordered lists are a very common way of presenting information. To add a list to an article.
- Open the article for editing either by:
- Opening the Article Manager, selecting the article and clicking the Edit toolbar button or,
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- With the cursor locate the position in the article where you want to insert a list.
- Choose either the Ordered list or Unordered list editor toolbar button.
- The default ordered list begins with the numeral 1. and the unordered list starts with a bullet point.
- Type enter to create a new line and number/bullet.
- Type enter twice to finish the list or start a new line and click the Ordered List or Unordered List editor toolbar button.
Note the following:
- Change the list type part way through by clicking the alternate button.
- If you create a new ordered list later in your article the numbering will restart from 1.
- Use the Indent and Outdent editor toolbar buttons to create child lists. You may change the type of the child list by clicking the alternate button.