Installing Joomla locally
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 09:50, 19 November 2013 by Davidasce
If installing on a local computer, there are a number of packages that will help you get set up quicker than individual installations:
- LAMP (Linux) - Most Linux distributions come with a pre-configured LAMP server.
- WAMP (Windows) - For more information, visit http://www.wampserver.com
- MAMP (Macintosh) - For more information, visit http://www.mamp.info or http://bitnami.org/stack/joomla
- Mac OS X App Store - BitNami provides a free app for installing Joomla! in your Mac from the app store https://itunes.apple.com/app/joomla!-stack/id589790241?l=en
- XAMPP (Multi-platform) - Not for live sites. For more information, visit http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
- BitNami (Multi-platform) - For more information and downloads, visit Installing Joomla! using BitNami Joomla! stack.
- AMPPS (Multi-platform) - For more information, visit Ampps.
- Webuzo (Multi-platform) - For more information, visit Webuzo.
If you need other options, we recommend visiting our installation forums for more information.