Installing Joomla locally
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 02:26, 5 August 2011 by Josue
If installing on a local computer, there are a number of packages that will help you get set up quicker than individual installations:
- LAMP (Linux) - Most Linux distributions come with a pre-configured LAMP server.
- WAMP (Windows) - For more information, visit http://www.wampserver.com
- MAMP (Macintosh) - For more information, visit http://www.mamp.info
- XAMPP (Multi-platform) - Not for live sites. For more information, visit http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
- BitNami (Multi-platform) - For more information and downloads, visit BitNami.
If you need other options, we recommend visiting our installation forums for more information.