Installing Joomla using an Auto Installer
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 02:05, 14 August 2009 by Billgates
To avoid uploading all files and to Install Joomla in a Click use an Auto Installer. There is no need to create any Database. All things are done by the Auto Installers, thats why they are so Fast to use. This article covers two famous Auto Installers:
Most of the webhosts have either of the two. Login to your cPanel account. Search for either of the Two in the Category 'Software / Services' and click on it.
- On the left hand side of Fantatsico there is a 'Content Management' Category under which Joomla 1.5/Joomla is there. You may install any one of them as per your wish. Lets assume you choose Joomal 1.5
- Click on the 'New Installation' Link in the Joomla 1.5 Overview
- Fill in the various details and Submit. There will be some thre odd steps. Just keep on clicking Submit!
Thats it you are done!
- In Softaculous there is a 'Portals/CMS' Category. Collapse the category and Joomla will be there. Softaculous supports only the latest versions of Joomla so Joomla 1.0 is not an option here.
- You will see an 'Install' TAB, Click it
- Fill in the various details. You will have an option to import Sample Data. This smaple data is the Sample Data given in Joomla.
- After completing the Details click on Submit.
Thats it you are done, Softaculous take only one step.
Its really fast to install and update using Auto Installers.