Integer form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 00:06, 17 October 2010 by IfTrueElseFalse
The integer parameter type provides a select box with a range of integer values. If the parameter has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be integer.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) (translatable) is the default value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'text_area'.
- first (mandatory) this value is the lowest on the list.
- last (mandatory) this value is the highest on the list.
- step (mandatory) each option will be in incrementation of this integer, based on the first value until last value is reached
Example XML parameter definition which would create a select box with the choices of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10:
<param name="myintegeralue" type="integer" default="Some integer" label="Choose an integer" description="" first="1" last="10" step="1" />