Customising the JA Purity template/customisations/Adding or changing a header colour scheme
From Joomla! Documentation
< J1.5:Customising the JA Purity template | customisationsRevision as of 22:29, 26 May 2009 by Williamstdd
Header color schemes are kept in the directory /ja_purity/styles/header. Editing the CSS file will change the colors.
To add a new color scheme:
- Create a new directory under /ja_purity/styles/header called by your color's name (i.e. gray).
- Copy all the contents (including sub-directories) of one of the other directories (i.e. blue) into this directory.
- Edit the style.css file to have the colors you want. For instance the following changes will make a readable set of colors:
#006699 -> #CCCCCC; #C3DFED -> #444444; #1E7CAB -> #BBBBBB.
- Edit the images to make them the colors you want.
- Select the color for your new directory in the template manager.
Remember to religiously refresh. reload, etc. to get the colors to show up.