Filelist parameter type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 02:27, 11 June 2013 by Wilsonge (Fix red links)
The "J1.5" namespace is an archived namespace. This page contains information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported. It exists only as a historical reference, it will not be improved and its content may be incomplete and/or contain broken links.
|Parameters have been superseded by form fields in Joomla! 1.6. You may want to use the corresponding Filelist form field type.|
The filelist parameter type provides a drop down list of files from a specified directory. If the parameter has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
By default, the first item on the list is '- Do not use -' (which is translatable) and is given the value '-1' and this is followed by '- Use default -' (also translatable) given the value '0'.
- type (mandatory) must be filelist.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- directory (optional) is the filesystem path to the directory containing the files to be listed. If omitted the directory given by JPATH_ROOT is assumed.
- default (optional) is the default file name.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- filter (optional) is a regular expression string which is used to filter the list of files selected for inclusion in the drop-down list. If omitted, all files in the directory are included. The filter argument expression is applied before the exclude argument expression. For information on constructing regular expressions see Regular expressions in parameter arguments.
- exclude (optional) is a regular expression string which is used to exclude files from the list. The exclude argument expression is applied after the filter argument expression. For information on constructing regular expressions see Regular expressions in parameter arguments.
- stripext (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true then file name extensions will be stripped from the file names listed. Also note that the file name will be saved without the extension too.
- hide_none (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Do not use -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- hide_default (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Use default -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="myfile" type="filelist" default="" label="Select a file" description="" directory="administrator" filter="" exclude="" stripext="" />