From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 06:19, 27 April 2008 by Ksandven
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section
How to Access
Select Content → Front Page Manager from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation. Or click on the 'Front Page Manager' button in the Control Panel screen.
The Front page is a view showing articles marked as "Front page" in the Article Manager. The Front page has it's own settings (parameters) which may differ from the rest of the site.
- Archive. To change one or more Articles to Archived status, select them and press this button. Archived Articles are retained on the site and are available for viewing on Menu Items with a Type of Archive Layout. They can not be published to other pages while set to Archived status. Note that Articles assigned to the "Uncategorized" Section will not show on the Archived Article List layout.
- Publish. To publish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Unpublish. To unpublish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Remove: To remove one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Title: The article title (click on the title to edit the article).
- Published: Shows the publish status for the article.
- Order: The order in which the articles are displayed (depends on parameters set in the menu item showing the Front Page).
- Access Level: The access level needed to view the article.
- ID: The article ID.
- Section: The Section in which the article belongs. If blank, the article is uncategorized.
- Category: The Category in which the article belongs. If blank, the article is uncategorized.
- Author: The article author.
Notes on use
The Front page view is normally used as the site front page. However, it may as well be used as a sub page. Some websites will use a welcome screen as the home page, with a link to the Front page view.
Points to watch
If an article is unpublished, the page will still show in the back end Front Page Manager. It will not be shown in the Front End (on the site itself). The Publish Status takes precedence over the Front Page parameter.
The order in which the articles are shown depends on settings used in the menu item for the Front Page (Parameters - Advanced).