Helpsites parameter type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:37, 30 April 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
|Parameters have been superseded by form fields in Joomla! 1.6. You may want to use the corresponding Helpsite form field type.|
The helpsites parameter type provides a drop down list of the help sites in your Joomla installation. If the parameter has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected. With the exception of the “Local” entry, which is always added, the list of help sites is generated from the file:
The 'local' string is translatable. The 'local' URL returned is an empty string.
- type (mandatory) must be helpsites.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default help site URL (not the visible help site name).
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="myhelpsite" type="helpsites" default="" label="Select a help site" description="" />