Languages parameter type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:38, 30 April 2013 by JoomlaWikiBot
|Parameters have been superseded by form fields in Joomla! 1.6. You may want to use the corresponding Language form field type.|
The languages parameter type provides a drop down list of the installed languages for the Front-end or Back-end. If the parameter has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected. The value saved is the language tag. For example, for English (United Kingdom) this will be 'en-GB'.
The first option on the list is always '- Select Language -' (which is a translatable string) and is given the value 0.
- type (mandatory) must be languages.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- client (mandatory) is the application whose installed languages will be listed. Use site when you want to list the Front-end languages or administrator when you want to list the Back-end languages.
- default (optional) is the default language tag. For example, 'en-GB'.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="mylanguage" type="languages" client="site" default="en-GB" label="Select a language" description="" />