Password parameter type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 03:35, 11 June 2013 by Wilsonge
|Parameters have been superseded by form fields in Joomla! 1.6. You may want to use the corresponding Password form field type.|
The password parameter type provides a text box for entry of a password. The password characters will be obscured as they are entered. If the parameter has a saved value this is entered (in obscured form) into the text box. If not, the default value (if any) is entered.
Note that the password string is stored in params.ini in cleartext; the stored value is not obscured by any hash function. Since most web servers will, by default, serve a params.ini file if the URL is entered in a web browser, this cannot be considered a secure method of holding a password.
- type (mandatory) must be password.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- size (optional) is the width of the text box in characters. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of size does not limit the number of characters that may be entered.
- default (optional) is the default password.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'text_area'.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="mypassword" type="password" default="secret" label="Enter a password" description="" size="5" />