Difference between revisions of "Restricting access to "read more""
From Joomla! Documentation
m (version template)
m (Wilsonge moved page Restricting access to "read more" to J1.5:Restricting access to "read more": Move to 1.5 namespace)
Revision as of 05:26, 6 June 2013
If you create a new menu item with the Blog Layout linked to you category or section or if you publish few articles on your Homepage and set intro text parameter to more than zero, a set of Intro texts will be displayed with Read More links on that page. By clicking on the Read More link you will get to the full article view.
It can be useful to restrict access to the full article view for not registered visitors and leave just the intro texts readable to public. To restrict access to full article view, do the following:
- Log in to the Administrator back-end.
- Go to Content > Article Manager.
- Set the Access Level for the article with Read More link to Registered (simply click the Public link in the Access Level column).
- In the same window click the Parameters icon from the top toolbar.
- Set the Show Unauthorized Links to Yes and Save the settings. This is a global setting and will apply to all published articles.