Difference between revisions of "Developing a MVC Component/Introduction"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (moved Developing a Model-View-Controller (MVC) Component for Joomla!1.6 to Developing a Model-View-Controller (MVC) Component for Joomla!1.7: 1.6 is not supported anymore)
Revision as of 12:34, 17 December 2011
You need Joomla! 1.6 or greater for this tutorial.
Joomla! 1.6 is constructed using three different applications:
- installation (used for installing Joomla)
- administrator (used for managing content)
- public (used for displaying content)
The installation application is used once. The administrator and public are used through the concept of components. Each component has two entry points:
- one is located in the components directory (it is used for displaying content)
- one is located in the administrator/components directory (it is used for managing content)
Both are called com_componentname/componentname.php (the com_ prefix is a historical trace)
Developing the component
Articles in this Series