Developing a MVC Component/Introduction
From Joomla! Documentation
< J2.5:Developing a MVC ComponentRevision as of 07:38, 23 May 2010 by Hazzar
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section
Do not try to learn from these Tutorials. Most of the code does not work because Joomla 1.6 has changed. For example the class JQuery now is called JDatabaseQuery.
Instead you can still use the Tutorial for Version 1.5. It works fine in 1.6 too.
You need Joomla! 1.6 or greater for this tutorial.
Joomla! 1.6 is constructed using three different applications:
- installation (used for installing Joomla)
- administrator (used for managing content)
- public (used for displaying content)
The installation application is used once. The administrator and public are used through the concept of components. Each component has two entry points:
- one is located in the components directory (it is used for displaying content)
- one is located in the administrator/components directory (it is used for managing content)
Both are called com_componentname/componentname.php (the com_ prefix is a historical trace)
Developing the component
Articles in this Series