Creating a Plugin for Joomla
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 02:45, 8 July 2013 by Wilsonge
Just a few things I noticed should be cleared up.
As you can see, the system is similar to other Joomla! XML installation files. You only have to look out for the group="xxx" entry in the <install> tag and the extended information in the <filename> tag. This information tells Joomla! into which folder to copy the file and to which group the plugin should be added.
The XML is indeed similar to the other 2.5 Joomla XML Installation Files, however;
- Note that the <install> tags are now <extension>
- Group type is <extension version="2.5" type="plugin" group="search"> instead of <install version=... >
Also, would be awesome to see an end plugin there, or an alternative tutorial such as Creating a Search Plugin - Bladeoz
- As you can see in the article I have <extension> tags already. This IS the same as all other Joomla XML extesnsions(<install> is a legacy tag from 1.5 and whilst supported shouldn't be used).
- I'll add in some info about the group - that's a good idea :)
- I am planning on adding some more articles like Creating a Search Plugin but we have lots of changes to make - so might take some time!
- Thanks for you're feedback though - much appreciated!!
- --Wilsonge (talk) 02:45, 8 July 2013 (CDT)