Editing a template with Template Manager
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:26, 29 November 2013 by Tom Hutchison
To edit a template's files with the Template Manager you must first access the Template manager.
Access the Template Manager
- Log in to the Administrator (Backend). If you are not sure how to do this see: To log in to the Administrator (Backend)</translate>
- Click on: Extensions → Templates</translate>
<translate> You will now see the Template Manager screen.</translate>
<translate> Note: If you do not see Templates listed as an option on the Extensions menu, then it is most likely because you are not logged in as a Super Administrator. Only Super Administrators will see this menu item.</translate>
Two methods to Access the Template Manager Customisation Feature
Since Joomla! 3.2, there are two methods available for accessing the Template Manager: Cutomise Template. The Cutomise Template interface allows for editing the actual code found in the template files, creating layout overrides and template file manipulation.
One-Click or Switch to Template View
Remember: Styles refers to changing the available parameters of a template, such as color, font-color, logo, etc. These are dependent on the parameters a template maker made available and are a convenience for quick changes.
To access the Template Cutomise feature:
- Click the template name in the column Template and see How to use the Template Manager
- Styles will be highlighted, click on Templates which will turn the view to Template Manager:Templates.
- Select the template you wish to modify which will change the view to Template Manager: Customise Template view and see How to use the Template Manager