Welcome to the first world-wide Joomla! Doc Camp. Following on from the huge success of the Joomla! 1.5 bug squashing event, please join us for a weekend of authoring at locations around the planet. We have tasks for everyone; coders and non-coders alike. Our aim is to dramatically increase the volume of documentation available for Joomla! 1.5.
This wiki will be used as the central resource for coordinating efforts and accumulating results from this event. After the event it will become a new central hub for the official Joomla! documentation.
- Vancouver, Canada 9AM to 6PM local time on 19 January 2008.
- Brussels, Belgium (details to be confirmed) on 21 January 2008
- IRC (#joomladocs @freenode) from 19 to 21 January 2008, all times, all timezones.
for write access to this wiki
To get write access to this wiki you will need to register here first. Please be aware that the registration process requires a valid email address. If you are travelling to one of the physical locations you are advised to ensure that you have registered on this wiki and have a valid login before you travel. You don't need access to your email account after registration.
at a physical location
If you wish to be present at one of the physical locations listed above then you must register in advance as space is limited. Registrations are the responsibility of the individual location organisers and you should click on the appropriate link above for more information.
- All contributions must be made available under the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License. Further information on the JEDL is available in the JEDL Frequently Asked Questions
- No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed. This includes backlinks to your website or anyone else's. The one exception is that if you have made a contribution then feel free to add your name and an optional link to your website to the Doc Camp Contributors List
- All contributions must be in English. Note that the official language of the Joomla! project is British/Australian English.
- If you are new to MediaWiki then you should consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Please read the Joomla! Editorial Style Guide
- The Geshi syntax-highlighter extension has been installed on this wiki. For PHP code use <source lang="php">Your PHP code here</source>. Further information can be found here.
Where to go next
Once you have read the above then please click the link below to begin:
Doc Campers Start Here